Cancellation & Appointment Policy
Your appointment is important and is a time and space reserved exclusively for you. When it is cancelled with short notice or is missed, often it is too late to offer this appointment to someone else and the time goes unfilled.
Here is my current cancellation & appointment policy:
- A full 24 hours notice is required to cancel your appointment.
- If an appointment is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice before your appointment time, you may be billed for the full cost of your appointment. This also applies to same-day bookings and cancellations.
- Clients who do not show up for a scheduled appointment will be billed for the full cost of the scheduled session if the appointment cannot be filled.
- Clients receive email appointment reminders from Catalyst Kinetics Group via MindBody. These email reminders are a courtesy as clients are responsible to keep or cancel their appointment time regardless of whether they receive or view an email reminder or not. Please contact me if you are uncertain of your scheduled appointment time or date.
- Appointments may be cancelled for a variety of valid reasons. To ensure fairness to all clients, cancellation fees will only be waived in the event of a medical emergency requiring urgent professional treatment, a death in the family or a natural disaster.
- If you have purchased a prepaid Discount Package and you cancel a prepaid sessions with less than 24 hours notice or miss the session, this session counts as having been used. A receipt will be issued and the missed appointment ("no show") will be noted on the receipt.
- Out of fairness to my clients, if I need to cancel your appointment with less than 24 hours notice for a valid reason listed above, I will provide a 50% discount on your next session. In the unlikely event that I do not show up for your appointment, your next appointment will be provided for free.
- If you have booked a series of counselling appointments and have cancelled your most recent appointment with less than 24 hours notice or have missed that appointment, you will have 24 hours to pay the associated fees to retain your remaining pre-booked sessions. This may include pre-paying for your next session. The purpose of this stipulation is to ensure your presence at the next scheduled session and to prevent another late cancellation or "no show" charge.
- Sometimes circumstances arise that make it difficult or impossible to attend counselling on a regular basis. Clients who cancel 3 or more consecutive counselling sessions or 5 within a calendar year may be asked to take a 4-month break from counselling.
- Missed appointments and late cancellations are payable via cash, debit, Visa or MasterCard.
- Receipts for late cancellation or missed appointments will be marked as “cancellation fee” or “missed appointment” and cannot indicate “counselling session” as this constitutes insurance fraud. I appreciate your prompt payment.
Learn howto embrace change.
Book your consultation or counselling appointment today.